How to fix the cloudpath installation that fails to boot up in Hyper-V?
SummaryHyper-V is failing to boot the OS when powering on the Cloudpath VM instance
QuestionHow to fix the cloudpath installation that fails to boot up in Hyper-V?
Customer EnvironmentCloudpath virtual instance on Hyper-V server
Root CauseGeneration 2 VM was selected during the deployment in Hyper-V server. Hence, Cloudpath failed to boot up and getting below error. "Boot Failed. EFI Network. Failed Secure Boot Verification. No Operating System was Loaded. Press a key to retry the boot sequence"
ResolutionPerform the following steps to deploy the CP virtual appliance with Generation 1 VM:
1. Open the Hyper-V Manager.
2. From the Action menu, select New > Virtual Machine. This opens the New Virtual Machine Wizard.
3. Read the Before You Begin screen.
4. In the Name field, enter a name for the new VM and click Next.
5. Select Generation 1, and click Next to assign Startup memory.