Can I keep an AP in Standalone mode on a ZD managed network?
SummaryYou can configure Standalone APs to not join ZDs on the network.
QuestionCan I keep an AP in Standalone mode on a ZD managed network?
Customer EnvironmentAP, ZD, standalone mode AP that the customer wants to use in Solo AP mode (not join ZD).
Root CauseAP joined ZD when connected in the same network
1. Try accessing the AP GUI with default credentials
2. Try accessing with different browsers
3. Check if there is any ZD present in the same network
To configure Access Point in Standalone mode to not connect to a ZoneDirector in the network, provide bogus ZD IP address(es) to look for.
If Access Point is managed by Zone Director then Factory default and proceed as below:
2. Provide the IP address of the Access Point(192.168.0.1) to ssh into it. Log in with AP credentials
3. After successful login, execute the below commands:
rkscli: set director ip 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206
** Please reboot for this change to take effect
After a successful reboot of Access Point, connect the AP back to the network.
Now Access Point will look for ZD with IP address 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168 (which are not present) and hence would work in Standalone mode.